Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Dancing Disney Family Gal



CHRISTMAS- I love celebrating Christmas with all the lights, the snow, the cookies, the carols, and the magic. But it is not solely my love of this holiday that makes “Christmas” a part of my identity. Christmas also symbolizes that I am a Christian, which has become an immense part of my identity and marks why I do everything I do. Christmas also is symbolic of a time for family and tradition. My family has greatly influenced who I am and who I will become. The loving examples of my parents and my five sisters have molded me and made me a better person. Together, my family and my faith are the two greatest influences in my life and what I accredit that largest part of my identity to.

DANCE- dance is not only my favorite hobby, it is now my educational pursuit and my passion. Some of the greatest accomplishments and growing experiences of my life have been through my dance training. It has enabled me to travel, provided rewarding career opportunities, and has taught me many valuable life lessons such as diligence, perseverance, team work, finding joy in the journey, and optimism. Dance has truly shaped me into the hard worker I am today and has had a great influence on my identity. It is a beautiful art form of expression and release that I could not live without.

DISNEY- It could be because I worked there this past summer, or because I know every word to all the animated classics, or that I'm considered to be an absolute Disney nut, but it is so much more than some little quirk of mine. It symbolizes my love of simplicity and child-like love of life. I love to stop and enjoy the small joys in life. The simple things like toes in the sand, the texture of ice cream, leaving notes for friends, and looking at the sparkle of a light up Christmas tree are often what bring me the greatest joy. I think it is an absolute tragedy when people decide they are too old, too busy, or too mature to snitch cookie dough from the bowl, or to giggle, or to do a silly dance in the rain. Life is to be enjoyed and if we don't take the time to enjoy the simple little wonders in our world, we will miss them completely. This is who I am, my personality, and my identity.


You will notice that these three items that seem to represent my identity are somewhat connected. That is because they are! They, along with several other aspects, all play a role in my life and they work together to make up who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment